|www.happinessisquilting.com September 17, 2014|
|Happenings At HIQ!
Quilt Heritage Talks
AP&Q Pillowcase Sew-A-Thon
Let's Make A Diehl and Simple What Knots Club
Beginning Machine Piecing
Happy Endings: Binding A Quilt
The Emily Munroe Quilt Workshop
Introduction to Foundation Piecing
Rags to Rugs
Monthly Class Calendar
What's New at HIQ!
You loved Bertie's Year. You'll really love what Bertie is doing this winter. This adorable wall hanging, by Bonnie Sullivan of All Through The Night, is 28''x34'', and is sure to be a winter must have.
Complete Kit $109.99
Silent Night by Norma Whaley of Timeless Traditions
Wool, Flannel, and Cotton,
This wonderful kit has wool applique with traditional machine piecing. It's a fun and sweet winter's night for your home all season long.
Complete Kit $199.99
|Spend a Day of Fun at Happiness, Friday Sept. 19
* 10-noon Carolyn Miller will take you back in time with her wonderful quilts in her Quilt Heritage Talk
* 1:00 Betsy Chutchian will be available to sign her new book, J and share beautiful samples from her book
* 1-4:30 Help the Chapter sew pillowcases for children in our area hospitals
See below for event details and to register today!
Just Treats, No Tricks Book Signing & Trunk Show
Betsy Chutchian's newest book is hot off the press! And, we are excited to announce that she is joining us Friday, Sept. 19, at 1 p.m. in celebration of her newest book "Just Treats, No Tricks" for a book signing and trunk show. She'll be sharing stories and quilts from her new book, which showcases her love for Halloween and fall. It's going to be so much fun! Don't miss this opportunity to see Betsy's beautiful quilts, her stories and to get your books signed.
Quilt Heritage Talks
You are not going to want to miss the next two meetings of Carolyn Miller's Quilt Heritage Talks. This month, Friday, Sept. 19, from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Carolyn will be sharing her knowledge and showing quilts from her collection featuring Texas. Next month, Friday, Oct. 17, Carolyn will discuss and share her Depression Era (1930) quilts. Oh my Quilt! Who am I kidding? You don't want to miss any of the Quilt Heritage Talks! Save Your Seat Today
ConKerr Cancer Pillowcase Sew-A-Thon
Join us and hundreds of other quilters across the nation as we participate in American Patchwork & Quilting's Pillowcase Sew-A-Thon. HIQ will be hosting a four hour event on Friday, Sept. 19, from 1-5 p.m. in conjunction with AP&Q to make pillowcases for DFW's chapter of ConKerr Cancer. We like to have fun, so we've added a gift basket for you to win. Here is how you can earn tickets for the basket:
1. Earn 1 ticket for every complete yard of fabric you donate
2. Earn 1 ticket for every pillowcase that you sew from our pillowcase kits
3. Earn 1 ticket for every completed pillowcase you donate
4. Earn 5 tickets for every hour that you work at our event
The first 50 people to work at the event for at least an hour will receive a free tape measure. For more information or let us know you are coming, visit the event page.
Becky Goldsmith of Piece'O Cake
Learn from one of the industry's foremost applique experts and designers (and North Texas local) Becky Goldsmith on October 3 and 4. She will be teaching two applique workshops and space is limited.
* Happy Endings: Binding a Quilt with MJ Fielek, Monday, Sept 22
* The Emily Munroe Quilt Workshop with TimiAnn, Tuesday, Sept 23
* Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing with Liz Bushong, Thursday, Sept 25
* Rags to Rugs with Liz Bushong, Thursday, Sept 25
Happiness Is ... Quilting!
217 N. Kentucky Street | McKinney, Texas 75069
(972) 542-8839 | email@example.com
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.